There are ways to reduce the risk of spider bites:
- Have regular treatments to harbourages
- When gardening always lift items that are on the ground or close to the ground away from your body so the insect.. or animal has an escape route away from you.
- Always check inside shoes or items of clothing that have been on the ground, looking is the best way but also giving a shake is always a good idea.
- Almost all spiders are nocturnal and move around during hot or warm weather so putting a snake, towel, filled long sock under the door to reduce the risk of insects crawling in is advisable.
- Treatments that control the laying spiders and egg sacks greatly reduce the likely hood of your family members being bitten.